Dr. Tara Delach is a nationally certified school psychologist in the state of Florida and a psychological associate at Morningstar Wellness. She works with children and families who are experiencing difficulties such as stress, anxiety, family conflict, or challenging behavior. She also provides behavioral parent training and other psychological services.
Passion for Working with Children and Families
Over the past 15 years, Tara has worked with children and families in a variety of settings, including schools, non-profit organizations, private practice, and a juvenile assessment center. She is passionate about helping children overcome challenges and barriers by teaching them coping skills to help them as they grow. Tara works with preschool, elementary, and middle school-aged children who are experiencing emotional concerns (e.g., stress, anxiety, or depression) and/or behavioral challenges (e.g., poor social skills, struggles with executive functioning, challenging behavior) at school, home, or in the community.
Tara also provides parent coaching and consultation services for families who may be struggling with their child’s behavior or have a desire to create successful home routines and expectations that work for everyone in the family. She greatly enjoys working directly with parents to help them set and reach goals for themselves as well as for their families.
Approach to Counseling and Coaching
Using a strength-based, collaborative, and compassionate approach, Tara provides individualized services based on each family’s strengths, needs, and desired outcomes. She draws on a variety of techniques such as cognitive-behavioral, applied behavioral analysis, motivational interviewing, mindfulness, and play to help children and parents experience more joy, less stress, positive relationships, and more fulfilled lives.
- BS in Psychology and BA in Criminology from University of Florida
- MA in Forensic Psychology from University of Denver
- MA and Ed.S. in School Psychology from University of South Florida
- Ph.D. in School Psychology from University of South Florida
- Predoctoral intern in Pasco County Public Schools
- Family Educator Resident at Champions for Children
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist
- Certified Provider of Triple P-Positive Parenting Program Interventions
- Member of American Psychological Association (APA), National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), and Florida Association of School Psychologists (FASP)